- 1 ½ oz. Pusser's Rum
- 1 ½ oz. Pineapple Juice
- 3/4 to 1 oz. Campari (to taste)
- ½ oz. Lime juice
- ½ oz. Simple Syrup or Maple Syrup
- Pineapple wedge and pineapple leaves - to garnish
- Add the rum, pineapple juice, Campari, lime juice, and syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until cold.
- Strain into a glass. Garnish with a pineapple wedge, pineapple leaves, or fresh mint.
Jungle Bird Cocktail
This might look like another sweet tropical cocktail, and it is, but not as sweet as you might think. The blend of the Campari adds somewhat of a bitter/fruity/spicy taste, adding a bit of complexity to your standard topical drink. The pineapple leaves to garnish are used to give the drink the appearance of a bird, giving it the name Jungle Bird.