Trying Dry January? We'll Help You Get Through It!
In recent years, Dry January has become one of the largest public health campaigns across the United States and Europe. It involves abstaining from alcohol for the entire month of January, in order to kickstart your healthy drinking habits for the new year.
After a December full of Pusser's rum cakes and cocktails, we get it. Sometimes you need a break from all the excess after the holidays. We're here to help you get through it! This Dry January, we've found a few of our favorite mocktails for you to try until you can get back to your daily tot.
1. Virgin Pina Colada
10 oz bag frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup vanilla ice cream
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup pineapple juice
Pineapple wedge (for garnish)
Maraschino cherry (for garnish)
- Blend together frozen pineapple, ice cream, coconut milk, and pineapple juice.
- Divide between glasses and garnish with a pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry.
2. Non-Alcoholic Espresso Martini
- 1 cup Up Spirits Coffee Grounds
- 1/2 cup vanilla syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- A pinch of salt
- Ice cubes
- Make 1 cup of your favorite coffee and cool it in the fridge.
- Put some ice in a cocktail glass.
- Fill a shaker with ice cubes, vanilla syrup, the water, coffee, and a pinch of salt in the shaker.
- Shake and strain into the glass.
3. Moscow Mule Mocktail
- 1-2 tbs lime juice
- 1 tbs simple syrup
- 1/4 cup club soda
- 3-4 mint leaves
- 3/4 cup Ginger Beer
- Crushed ice
- Pour lime juice, simple syrup, club soda, and mint leaves into glass.
- Fill the cup half way with ice.
- Pour 3/4 cup of ginger beer over the ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and a lime wedge if desired, and serve.
4. Virgin Mojito
- 15 mint leaves
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 4 oz club soda
- In a glass, muddle mint leaves, sugar, lime juice and simple syrup.
- Add ice and top with club soda.
5. Non-Alcoholic Hurricane
- 3 cups passionfruit juice
- 1 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 3/4 cup grenadine
- 1 tsp ginger ale
- Lemon-lime soda
- Combine all ingredients except the lemon-lime soda in a large pitcher and stir.
- Place crushed ice in each glass, then fill each hurricane glass ¾ full.
- Fill the rest of each glass with Sprite, then gently stir.
Enjoy Your Mocktail!
Enjoy this Dry January with these five mocktail recipes to get you through. We'll share more Pusser's recipes with you for the rest of year, but for now, happy Dry January!
To stock up for the time lost this Dry January, purchase Pusser's Rum today to enjoy for the rest of 2022.