Rum Cherry Bombs
Who doesn't love cherries? Power them up with a little more flavor with this cherry bomb recipe!
- 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries 24 cherries
- 5 ounces Pusser's Rum
- 5 ounces white chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles
- Drain liquid from the jar of cherries. (Tip: reserve the liquid to use for shirley temple drinks or cocktails!)
- Pour alcohol in the jar to fill. Replace cap and soak for at least 24 hours. The longer they soak, the stronger they'll be.
- Drain the alcohol from the jar. (Tip: reserve it for cocktails!) Strain the cherries, then place them on layers of paper towels and pat dry. You want them as dry as possible before dipping to avoid ruining the chocolate. (Water and chocolate don't mix.)
- Work in batches: melt 2 ounces of chocolate in a small bowl. Melt according to package directions. Dip each cherry in the white chocolate, then dip in sprinkles and place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. Chill to set. Working in batches of chocolate allows you not to waste any, plus allows for the chocolate to seize from the liquid without ruining the whole batch. Use a new bowl for each batch of chocolate you melt.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Leave a comment