Rum is a versatile basis of many great cocktails. Here are four of the best rum cocktails for you to make and enjoy. Read more here.
The adult human tongue contains between 5,000 and 10,000 taste buds. These flavor sensors detect all flavors, from sweet and sour, to bitter and savory. While sweetness often satisfies our senses, deepening the flavor profile with multiple flavors enhances the experience.
Rum tastes sweet and smooth, making it an easy drink to mix in all sorts of wonderful ways. Read on to learn how to make four rum cocktails that will please your taste buds!
1. Spiced Rum Mojito
While a classic mojito typically uses light rum, mixing it with spiced rum brings a whole new level of greatness. You still get the minty freshness but also tickle your tongue with a lick of cinnamon.
- 2.5 oz. Pusser's Gunpowder Proof Spiced Rum
- 7 to 10 fresh mint leaves
- One half of a fresh lime
- 1.5 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of club soda
- Begin by rimming your glass with brown sugar. You can sprinkle in a dash of cinnamon if you're feeling extra spicy.
- Muddle fresh mint leaves into the bottom of a cocktail shaker with crushed ice. Squirting a quarter of fresh lime in brings out the freshness of this garden herb.
- Roll your lime beneath your palm prior to cutting it to make juicing easy. Add in your sugar brown.
- Mash several times to release the flavorful oils. While this drink can hold its own, some people enjoy getting playful with it.
- Muddling in raspberries textures the drink and complements the flavors of spiced rum cocktails well. Garnish your drink with a mint sprig, lime slice, and raspberry bond together.
2. Island Mule
Pusser's carries a deep history for sailors who understand the appreciation for a good island cocktail. Capture this sentiment with the rich flavors of an Island Mule.
- 2.5 oz Pusser's Blue Label
- 6 oz ginger beer
- Angostura Bitters
- Lime wedge
- Lemon wedge
- How easy can rum cocktails get with just ginger beer and rum? This mizture will bring the traditional mule to a whole new level.
- Place ice into a Pusser’s mug or mule mug, then add rum and ginger beer. Squeeze lime wedge and lemon wedge over top of the drink and drop into the glass. Stir briefly.
- No need to get fancy because this flavor will rock your boat! Garnish with Angostura Bitters and serve.
3. Passion Fruit Mai Tai
Infuse your cocktail with passion! A passion fruit mai tai offers a zip of freshness.
- 2 oz Pusser's Rum Blue Label
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- 1 oz light rum
- 1/2 fresh lime
- One whole passion fruit or 4 oz passion fruit juice
- If you opt for freshness, muddle your passion fruit into a mixer with the rest of your ingredients. Pour over ice. Top off the drink with a splash of grenadine and allow the syrup to drip unevenly through the cocktail.
- A mai tai should feel fancy. Garnish with an umbrella and mix of fruit, like orange slices and candied cherries.
4. Hot Buttered RumLooking for something sweet and creamy? Hot Buttered Rum offers the comforting flavor of nostalgic caramel candy.
- 3 oz Pusser's Gunpowder Proof
- 6 oz hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or maple extract
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 oz cream liquor
- 1 tsp cloves
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- Sea salt
- Beat the butter, vanilla, and spices in a mixing bowl. Add in your liquids and slowly heat on a stovetop.
- Pour into mugs. garnish with a cinnamon stick.
Enjoy the Best Rum Cocktails
The versatility of this beverage allows you to capture just about any mood with a wide variety of flavors. There is little limit to what you can do with Pusser's rum cocktails!
We offer an all-natural product with rich history and deep flavor. Check out our awards and honors that prove we're the best!