New seasons bring new rum cocktails. This winter season, try out these Pusser's Rum cocktails to welcome this winter holiday.
The winter season brings lots of traditional cocktails. From traditional Hot Buttered Rum and Hot Toddy, to Spiked Eggnog and Hot Chocolate, these top 5 rum cocktails for winter are sure to have the perfect recipe for you!
Try out these winter rum cocktails for yourself. Don't forget to share your pictures with us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. Post or send us your cocktail photos featuring your Pusser's Rum bottle for a chance to be featured on our page!
Instagram @PussersRum | Twitter @Pussers | Facebook @Pussers
1. Eggnog Cocktail
- 12 eggs
- 3 cups white sugar
- 16 oz. Pusser's Gunpowder Spiced
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy shipping cream
- 1 qt half-and-half
- Mix egg yolks, 2 cups sugar, rum, and nutmeg together in a bowl
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours
- Beat egg whites and remaining sugar in a bowl using an electric mixer
- Fold in heavy cream and egg yolk
- Beat in half-and-half until combined
- Pour into lidded jars or containers and refrigerate
- Shake before serving
2. Spiked Hot Chocolate
- 5 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tbs Pusser's Blue Label
- 9 oz. bittersweet chocolate chips
- Combine milk, cream, and rum in a saucepan
- Bring to a simmer over moderate heat
- Remove the pan from the heat, add chocolate and let stand until melted
- Whisk until smooth, pour into mugs and serve
3. Classic Hot Toddy
3 oz. Pusser's Blue Label
4 tbs liquid honey
3 tbs lemon juice
1/16 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
6-8 oz. boiling water
- 1/2 lemon rind
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Add rum, honey, lemon juice, lemon rind, and nutmeg to cup or glass
- Stand cinnamon stick in the cup
- Pour boiling water into the cup and stir well until blended
- Add honey and lemon juice to taste
4. Spiced Cider Punch
- 1/2 cups Pusser's Gunpowder Proof Spiced Rum
- 8 cups apple cider
- 4 cups orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar syrup
- cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- apple slices (for garnish)
- Pour syrup, rum, apple cider, and orange juice into large pitcher.
- Stir the ingredients together and refrigerate the pitcher for at least 2 hours.
- Serve in a cocktail glass over ice and garnish with cinnamon or apple slices.
5. Hot Buttered Spiced Rum
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 dash ground allspice
- 2 oz. Gunpowder Spiced
- 4 oz. hot water
- Cinnamon stick (for garnish)
- Place the sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and spices into a glass and mix well.
- Pour the rum into the mixture and top with hot water.
- Mix until combined. Garnish with cinnamon stick.
A winter rum cocktail for everyone
Which winter cocktail are you going to try this season? Is it going to be the chocolatey seasonal favorite? The traditional rum concoction? The spiced bubbly berry?
Whichever flavours are your favorite, Pusser's Rum is the perfect complement.