Dark rum is sweet and spicy, giving cocktails the perfect edge. Here are the top 3 most popular rum cocktails of today that you must try.
Usually white or clear, rum gets to have all the fun in drinks. Let's change that and talk about why dark rum is superior, and what you can do with it.
Keep reading to learn three of the most popular dark rum cocktails, and join us on the dark side today.
1. Old Fashioned
Definitely the most classic dark rum drink (dating back to 1880), this timeless cocktail is sure to hit the spot. With simple ingredients, you can make these and be the spotlight of your next party.
Here's what you need:
- 75 ml Pusser's Gunpowder Proof
- 15 ml sugar syrup
- 5 dashes Angostura bitters
- 6 decent sized ice cubes
Here's how you make it:
- Add a couple of cubes of ice, bitters, and sugar syrup to the glass
- Stir until the ice is completely coated
- Add the rum and the rest of the ice
- Gently stir
If you feel so inclined, you can also add a cherry on top, but if you don't have any or don't like cherries, then it's not needed.
Typically light rum is used to make a Daiquiri, but where's the fun in that? If you're looking for an extra flavor kick, reach for your dark rum.
The ingredients are extremely simple. Here's what you'll need:
- 50 ml Pusser's Blue Label
- 15 ml lime
- 10 ml sugar syrup
Here's how to make it:
- Put the glass in the fridge or freezer to cool
- Shake all of the ingredients with ice and strain into a chilled glass
- Garnish with a lime wedge
See? This recipe is super easy to make, and it tastes great. If you're used to a Daiquiri made with light rum, don't be surprised by the murkier appearance. We promise it's still going to taste amazing.
A tiki classic that you won't want to miss. The Pusser's Painkiller drink is fresh and fruity, while still packing a punch.
Here's what you need to make it:
- 50 ml Pusser’s Blue Label
- 25 ml cream of coconut
- 100 ml pineapple juice
- 25 ml orange juice
Here's how to make it:
- Fill a tall glass with ice (or use one of our awesome tin mugs)
- Shake ingredients over ice and pour into a glass of ice
- Garnish with a touch of grated coconut
It is one of our trademark drinks that's going to help you out after a long day or when you want to have a fun relaxing day on the beach. The painkiller is sure to make you a dark rum lover after just the first sip.
Drink Dark Rum Cocktails Today
Now that you know the three most popular dark rum cocktails, enjoy them today! If you know a clear rum lover, share this article with them so they too can join the dark side.
If you liked this content, be sure to check out the rest of our website for similar information! Please remember to drink responsibly.