Need some inspiration for your Halloween party? Here we'll give you dessert and cocktail ideas perfect for your party.
Halloween is celebrated with treats all across the world. With Pusser's Rum, though, you're sure to make the best ones around. Keep reading for sweet rum cake treats and spooky party punches.
Pecan Cake with Rum Frosting
A sweet treat topped with boozey frosting!
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbs heavy cream
- 1 tsp Pusser's Rum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
Heat oven to 350° F.
- Butter your baking pan.
- Finely grind 1 cup of pecans. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and pulse to combine; set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 1 stick of the butter with the brown and granulated sugars. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Gradually add the pecan mixture, mixing until incorporated.
- Stir in the buttermilk and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 to 35 minutes. Cool completely, about 10 minutes.
- Beat the remaining butter with the confectioners’ sugar and cream. Beat in the rum and remaining vanilla.
- Spread the icing onto the cake. Sprinkle pecans on top.
Up Spirits Rum Cake Topped with Hot Buttered Rum Sauce
Pusser's Up Spirits Rum Cake but better! Who wouldn't want a little extra Pusser's on top?
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 14-oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Pusser's Rum
- 2 tsp vanilla
- vanilla ice cream (optional)
Combine brown sugar, butter, salt and condensed milk in sauce pan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
Stir in rum and vanilla.
- Pour over Up Spirits Rum Cake.
- Top with vanilla ice cream. (optional)
Bloody Rum Punch
Halloween themed punch AND Pusser's Rum? Say no more!
- 1 bottle Pusser's Rum
- 1/2 bottle red wine
- 3/4 cup triple sec
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 2 limes, sliced thin
- 2 red oranges, sliced thin
- In a large punch bowl or pitcher, combine the rum, red wine, triple sec, lime juice, simple syrup, and lime and orange slices.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.
Ghoul's Orange Punch
Spooky rum punch that tastes as good as it looks.
- 6 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Pusser's Rum
- 6 oz frozen lemonade concentrate
- 4 blood orange slices
- 1 rubber glove
- cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 rubber band
- Stir together pineapple juice, water, and lemonade concentrate in a punch bowl.
- Pour cranberry cocktail into rubber glove and tie with rubber band.
- Freeze until solid, then remove from glove.
- Float orange slices and Frozen Hand in punch.
Now get ready to host the best Halloween party on the block!
These dessert recipes and rum punches are sure to be a party favorite. Pusser's Rum is the perfect premium blend of rum that is sure to make these treats as delicious as they look.