- 1 oz light rum
- 1 oz gold rum
- 1 oz unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz lime juice
- 1 oz passion fruit syrup
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1 dash aromatic bitters
- 1 oz Pussers Select 151 Aged Rum
- 1/2 oz grenadine syrup
- In an ice filled shaker combine all ingredients except the grenadine and overproof rum. Shake well to mix.
- Strain mix over ice in serving glass before adding grenadine and gently layering overproof rum on top using the back of a bar spoon.
- Garnish with orange, mint leaves and a cherry.
The Legend of the Zombie Cocktail
A classic first developed by Donn Beach, an American adventurer, businessman, and World War II veteran who was the "founding father" of tiki culture. Legend has it that he originally concocted the Zombie to help a hung-over customer get through a business meeting. The customer returned several days later to complain that he had been turned into a zombie for his entire trip! Its smooth, fruity taste works to conceal its extremely high alcoholic content. Don the Beachcomber restaurants limit their customers to two Zombies apiece because of their potency, which Beach said could make one "like the walking dead."