8 OZ Pusser’s Rum
5 OZ Mint Syrup
4 OZ Lime juice
10-12 Popsicle Sticks
- Slice a small watermelon into triangular wedges, leaving the rind. Should yield 10-12 slices.
- Slice a popsicle stick-sized slit into the bottom of each rind. Check to see if the slit is deep enough by slipping a popsicle stick into the wedge. The stick should support the weight of the wedge. Do not leave the sticks in, though.
- Pour mint syrup, lime juice and Pusser’s Rum into a bowl and whisk to combine, then pour into a baking pan.
- Place watermelon slices in the baking pan and submerge into the mix.
- Soak for 1-3 hours (the longer, the more potent the flavor).
- Remove the slices from the liquid and slide a popsicle stick into each wedge.
- Place the wedges on a cookie sheet, cover with cellophane, and freeze for at least 3 hours, ideally overnight.
- Serve immediately, please crowd.